a

Friday, October 20, 2006

The Q Code (Q Abbreviations)

Q-Code & Phonethic Code for Amateur Radio

The Q-code is a set of three letter code to be used in radiotelegraphy and amateur radio communications. It is more commonly used as shorthand nouns, verbs or adjectives..Following are the Q-codes that commonly used in amateur radio purpose:>>>>>
QRA - What is the name of your station?
QRG - Will you tell me any exact? Your exact frequency is ……………kHz.
QRH - Does my frequency vary? Your varies.
QRI - What is the tone of my transmission? The tone of your transmission is…… (amateur T1-T9)
QRK - What is the readability of your signals is…………(amateur R1-R5)
QRL - Are you busy? I am busy. Please do not interfere.
QRM - Are you being interfered with? I am being interfered with.
QRN - Are you trouble by static? I am troubled by static.
QRO - Shall I increase power? Increase power.
QRP - Shall I decrease power? Decease power.
QRQ - Shall I send faster? Send faster.
QRS - Shall I send more slowly? Send more slowly.
QRT - Shall I stop sending ? stop sending.
QRU - Have you anything for me? I have nothing for you.
QRV - Are you ready? I am ready.
QRX - When will you call me again? I will call you again at………hours.
QRZ - Who is calling me? You are being called by………..(on kHz).
QSA - What is the strength of my signal? The strength of your signal is……. (amateur S1-S9)
QSB - Are my signals fading? Your signal are fading.
QSD - Is my keying defective? Your keying is are defective.
QSL - Can you give me acknowledgement of receipt? I give you acknowledgement of receipt.
QSO - Can you communicate with……….direct or by relay? I can communicate with……..direct(or by relay through………….)
QSP - Will you relay to? I will relay to………..
QSV - Shall I send a series of VVVs? Send a series of VVVs.
QSY - Shall I change to another frequency? Change to transmission another frequency(or on….kHz)
QSZ - Shall I send each word more than once? Send each word twice. QTH- What is your location? My location is…………..
QTH - What is your location?
QTR - What is the correct time ? my correct time is…………….hours.
QTX - Will you keep your station open for further communication with mePhonethic Code

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails